Regulations of the Japan Foundation, Bangkok Library
- Thais and foreigners who are 15 years of age or older are eligible for library membership.
- Foreigners must be resident in Thailand and hold a valid non-tourist visa.
- Show your ID card or Passport to library officer. (or Driving license, Student card)
- Fill in the application form and pay an annual membership fee.
Fees and Conditions
|Membership Type||Annual Membership Fees||Membership Period|
|Student||300 Baht||1 Year|
|Adult||600 Baht||1 Year|
|Japanese Language Teacher||500 Baht||1 Year|
- No food or drink allow in the library.
- Users are requested to switch their mobile phones into silent mode and use their phones outside the library.
- Users are requested to handle books, audio-visual materials and equipment with care.
- Users are liable for the total cost of any damage incurred to the library’s materials and equipment while in the user’s care.
- Members may borrow up to three books at one time for a period of two weeks.
- Members cannot take out any audio-visual materials except audio (music) CDs.
- The lending period may be extended once, for one week only, by informing the Library before the due date, unless the borrowed materials have been reserved.
- Library will impose a penalty for overdue books, as listed below:
- General books: 5 Baht/book/day.
- Textbook about Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT): 5 Baht/book/day.
(10 Baht/book/day for examination preparation period)
- Overdue books of more than two months may result in legal proceedings.
- Members who have lost or caused serious damage to the borrowed materials are required to make compensatory payment, with an additional 50 Baht for processing the case.
- A fee of 20 Baht is charged to replace a missing membership card.
For Japanese-Language Teachers
- Japanese-Language Teachers may borrow up to four audio-visual items at a time for a period of two weeks.
- Lending services by mail are available for Japanese-Language teachers who work in the provinces. The library will bear the delivery cost of the requested materials. However, the return of the materials to the library should be done at the expense and responsibility of the borrowers, and materials must be returned by registered mail.The lending period for this service is one month, including delivery and return. Late charges and penalties are the same as for as normal lending. Please contact the library for further details.
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(The Library will be closed for the weekend following a holiday on a Friday.)
Thai National holidays and other designated days December 29th through January 3rd
*** Library reserves the right to change these regulations without prior notice ***